The PM153 is 3-way full-range sound reinforcement passive loudspeaker that is also designed to lay down as a monitor, or to couple with the LS1801 subwoofer for a three way extended low-end system. Effective for both permanent and portable applications, it comes with 4 fly points, rubber footpads, and a 1-3/8-inch pole mount cup.
The PM153 incorporates premium components housed in a rugged, water resistant polypropylene enclosure making this is the most advanced system on the market today. Designed for medium size venues, the audience will hear crystal clear sound. The molded virgin polypropylene enclosure is highly resistant to chips or cracks passing our engineering 8 feet drop test. The front is covered by a heavy gauge steel powder coated grill. The crossover includes two of Neutrik's combo Speakon and 1/4" phone connectors mounted on FR4 double sided circuit boards for solid construction and durability. Carvin's exclusive Speaker Guard™ HF Driver protection uses a self resetting relay circuit to dim the HF driver 10 dB protecting the voice coil from excessive power. The benefits are the driver is not turned off losing all the high frequencies, the circuit resets as soon as the high frequency content is back to normal levels.
- Club System
- House of Worship
- Band PA
- Satellite system
- The huge 3 inch voice coil is conservatively rated to sustain 1900w peak.
- Rugged Polypropylene injection-molded enclosure for extreme durability - drop tested to 8 ft.
- The wide dispersion, asymmetrical high frequency horn offers maximum coverage from the first to last row.
- Carvin's exclusive enclosure design facilitates 30 degrees up and 45 degrees down and 90 degree horizontal dispersion - making them ideal for mains or monitors.
- Equipped with pole cups and 4 fly points, the PM's are ideal for installations or on tour.
- The PM advantage is it's sonic qualities with its crystal clear highs and rock solid bass at high levels.
- System Type: 15-inch 3-Way, bass-reflex
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 18 kHz (-10DB), 58 Hz - 17 kHz (-3 dB)
- Coverage Pattern: 90H x 45V
- Crossover: Speaker Guard™ HF protection
- Crossover Frequency: 400Hz, 3.5 k Hz
- Power: Continuous / Program / Peak, Full Range 400w /800w /1600
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 400 - 1400w
- Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 96dB
- Maximum SPL: 122dB / 128dB peak
- LF Driver: 15-inch Heavy Duty Woofer
- MF Driver: 6-inch Woofer
- HF Driver: 1-inch exit 1.5-inch VC Titanium Driver
- Nominal Impedance full range: 8 ohms
- Enclosure: Virgin Polypropylene
- Mounting: 1-3/8-inch pole mount cup
- 4 fly points (requires 10mm X 1.5mm fly hardware - not included)
- Transport: 2 Handles
- Grill: Black steel
- Connectors: Two Neutrik Combo 1/4-inch / Speakon
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 27.875 in x 17.875 in x 13.125 in
- Net Wt: 18.6 kg (41.2 lb)
- Optional Accessories: CVL15 cover, LMUB suspension "U" bracket
Peter Van Valkenburg-
I received my PM153's and used them for the first time on Tuesday. I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised. Side by side with my JBL MXR 515's they sounded just as good. Bass response was better than I thought it would be and the lightweight cabinet is awesome. I would recommend these to anyone.