Discontinued 2016- Click here for LS112
- System Type: 12-inch 2-Way, Bass-reflex
- Frequency Response: 60 Hz – 20 kHz (-10DB); 70 Hz – 18 kHz (-3 dB)
- Coverage Pattern: Monitor 60x90; Main 90x60
- Crossover: 2-Way with Speaker Guard™ HF protection
- Crossover Frequency: 1.8 k Hz (internal)
- Recommended external crossover frequency: 1.8k Hz @ 12dB/oct. or greater
- Power Full Range: 300w Continuous / 600w Program /1200w Peak
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 300 – 900w
- Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 96dB
- Maximum SPL: 120dB Cont. / 126dB Peak
- LF Driver: 12-inch woofer
- HF Driver: 1-inch exit, 1.75-inch Mylar voice coil
- Nominal Impedance full range: 8 ohms
- Bi-amp LF: 8 ohms 300w /600w /1200w
- Bi-amp HF: 8 ohms 60w /120w /240w
- Enclosure: 13-Ply Premium Russian Baltic Birch
- Suspension/Mounting: 1-3/8-inch pole mount cup
- Finish: Black DuraTec™
- Transport: 1 Recessed Handle
- Grill: Black powder coated 16-Ga steel
- Connectors: Two 4-pin twist lock connectors, Two 1/4-inch connectors
- Dimensions: 14.5 in high x 15.5 in wide x 22 in deep (370 mm x 395 mm x 559 mm)
- Net Wt: 33 lb (15 kg)
- Made in San Diego, California
Download SCx Series AutoCAD DXF diagrams (ZIP file, 78 kB)
Carvin's SCx 1000 Series Loudspeakers feature the latest innovations for both live and recorded music playback, incorporating "smart crossovers" and drivers that deliver a "very musical" sound quality at high levels, up to 134 dB peak, plus your investment is protected with our high frequency driver Speaker Guard™ circuitry. Rugged construction features CNC machined, multi-ply Baltic Birch enclosures covered in weather and UV resistant Duratec™ coating. NL4 twist-loc & 1/4-inch input connectors are featured for full-range or bi-amp use, plus radiused steel powder coated grills, pole mounts, large side handles and recessed pockets for stacking, all covered with a 5 Year Warranty. These high performance systems are designed for today's Music Industry pro audio applications.
The SCx1112 is a 12-inch 2-way enclosure for smaller applications, and are great for vocal stage monitors delivering high intelligibility. The high SPL output permits the performer to hear their mix. The 60x90 degree horn is positioned to evenly provide close and far coverage angles. The full range power capacity is 1200 watts peak. The pole mount adds flexibility allowing the SCx1112 to be used with a stand or subwoofer for portable front-of-house mains in smaller venues and corporate events.
For more low-end thump, all SCx systems can be supplemented with the SCx1118 passive or SCx1118A active subs. The heavy-duty 18-inch woofer, housed in a bass reflex enclosure, delivers sub-bass down to 35 Hz adding real depth and feel to your performances. The 8 ohm, 3-inch voice-coil is designed to handle up to 2000 watts peak. The active model features an internal 1400 watts power amp. Ideal for multi-stacking or stacking mains on top, this compact, high output subwoofer is a real work-horse that you can depend on, night after night.
Carvin's SCx speakers are made in the USA.