Carvin's TRx 2000 Series loudspeakers are a high performance solution for bands, audio companies and concert venues. They feature the latest innovations for optimal performance of both live and music playback with the goal of providing the best sound at high SPL levels. These high performance systems are designed for today's pro audio applications and are protected by a 5 year warranty.
TRx2115A Main or Monitor
The TRx2115A is an active 2000 watt bi-amped very compact trapezoidal, multi purpose, main or monitor enclosure. The trapezoidal design and 80x50 degree HF horn allows multiple cabinets to work together as an array cluster for very wide coverage. The cabinet design includes a 32 degree monitor tilt cut into the back for stage floor monitor use. In stage monitor use the 80 degree HF dispersion is in the vertical directions providing a powerful stage monitor from 2 to 15 feet back. Eight internal fly points provide connection for overhead suspension. The TRx2115A 2-way 15-inch system will provide the most versatile multi purpose high output cabinet for today’s demanding applications.
Large Format Drivers and Tour Grade Construction
The TRx2115A is equipped with our TS15-8 a high power, cast 15-inch woofer with a 3-inch voice coil featuring a low heat high peak power capacity design. The high frequency 1.4-inch large format driver features a 2.5-inch titanium diaphragm for clean and clear highs from 20kHz all the way down to 1100Hz. The enclosure is constructed of CNC machined 13-Ply Premium Russian Baltic Birch plywood. The front grill is powder coated steel with acoustically transparent foam backing for a cleaner look and added protection.
Active 2000W System
The 2000W Active, X-Drive DSP processed, bi-amp module features Input and Thru balanced XLR connectors, Input volume level, Terminal Block remote level/Mute Control, and Input and through features Input and Thru balanced XLR connectors, Input volume level, Terminal Block remote level/Mute Control, and Input and Thru locking IEC AC power plugs. locking IEC AC power plugs. The 2000 Watts is divided into three amplifiers a 1500W bridged amplifier pair for the 15-inch woofer and a 500W amplifier for the 1.4-inch exit high frequency driver. The internal X-Drive DSP processing maximizes performance output and protection using up to 48DB/oct crossover filters, parametric EQ, alignment delay, and limiters. The module features two selection buttons for the over all cabinet EQ mode and for the Bass mode.
The EQ mode has three selections:
- Normal or "flat response" mode for straight live sound applications were the sound should come from the performers and the mix, and not be changed by the speaker's response.
- Enhanced mode - for dance play back or a club setting with a minor mid cut and bass bump.
- Monitor mode - designed for stage monitoring or when coupling two cabinets together to keep bass and microphones under control. This is good for side fill applications and very small venues where the performer to speaker distance is small.
The Bass mode has three selections:
- Normal mode – In this mode the natural full power low end response is preserved. The flat response is kept intact, for straight live sound applications.
- Dynamic Extension- In this mode, the ultra low end will come alive lowering the cabinet’s frequency response another 15Hz and boosting the 50-80Hz response. The DSP will control the output to keep this added response inside the limits of the speaker.
- External Sub – In this mode the low end is high passed at 85Hz for use with an external subwoofer.
Pole Mount It, Stack It or Fly It
Adding to the versatility of the TRx2115A are the multiple suspension and mounting methods available. The TRx2115A includes a pole mount cup for suspending over a sub or using a speaker stand providing the optimum mobile system easy setup and crowd coverage. The top of the cabinet features foot receivers for stacking TRx2115A’s. Stacking can help with multi level coverage in events with both seated and standing or amphitheater seated audience. For permanent installation, 8 fly points are provided. The fly points are steel reinforced, captured 3/8in-16 nuts for use with eyebolts and shackles.
System Type: Active 2000W, bi-amp, X-Drive DSP processed, 15 Inch 2-way
Freq. Response: 54 Hz – 20 kHz (-10DB)
Coverage Pattern: 80H x 50V
Crossover: Bi-amp active DSP design
Crossover Frequency: 1.1 kHz
Sensitivity: 1.4Vrms, volume level full
Power: 2000W 20ms burst (1500W, 500W)
Maximum SPL: 133 dB Peak
LF Driver: 15 Inch, 3 Inch Voice coil
HF Driver: 1.4-inch exit, 2.5 inch voice coil
Enclosure: 15mm 13 ply Russian Baltic Birch
Suspension: 8 captive 3/8in-16 nut fly points, 1-3/8 pole mount cups
Finish: Black DuraTec™
Grill: Black Powder-Coated Steel, Acoustically Transparent Foam Backing
Connectors: One XLR male and One XLR female, Terminal block for remote volume/mute
Dimensions: 25.75" high x 18.5" wide x 14.5" deep
Net Weight: 55 lbs (25 kg)
Rigging Accessories: TCSHK10 3/8-16 Eyebolt, TCSHK58 5/8 Shackle
Made in the USA