The new BX250 Micro Bass head is a full-featured amplifier in a small package that weighs only 3.2 pounds. The BX250 is the state of the art in micro-sized amps, with a Drive knob to control the harmonic content (clean to clipping) and dual Parametric EQ to select all the sweet tones of your bass. The Contour, Bass and Treble controls deliver deep bass and brilliant highs. It features an Active Switch, making it suitable for active or passive instruments, as well as a Mute switch for convienence. The pre amp Direct Out XLR is pre- or post-selectable for the house PA or recording and includes a ground lift and Level control. The Master level controls the speakers while the DI level controls the pre-amp output including the Phone/Tuner. A built-in compressor allows you to tailor your sound just the way you like it.
The steel chassis and quality components will stand up to rugged use, night after night. Despite it's compact design, the BX250 delivers huge performance in a package that won't break your back or your budget. Step up in sound and down in weight with Carvin's new BX250 Micro Bass head!
- 250w RMS at 4 ohms
- A single knob controls the optical compressor with an auto limiter to keep your peaks in check
- A Drive knob, plus Master Volume easily controls all your levels
- A conveniently located Mute switch and an Active/Passive switch tailors the input for different pickup configurations
- Two 1/4" outputs, balanced XLR, and tuner/headphone output are located on the rear panel
- The Switchmode power supply operates at 100,000 Hz delivering maximum efficiency while reducing weight
- The head runs cool from its 94% efficiency - no wasted heat or energy from the AC plug
- Auto-switching AC input for 120V 60 Hz or 240V 50 Hz
- Size: 10" wide x 7.15" deep x 3.7" high
- Weight: 3.2 pounds
- Made in San Diego, CA
- Output Power: 250w RMS at 4 ohms; 200w at 8 ohms
- Input Impedance: >200Kohms
- Output Mode: High Efficiency CLASS D technology
- Power Supply: High Efficiency High Frequency switching
- Frequency Response: +/- 1 dB 10 Hz - 20 kHz - THD: 0.1% @ 50% output
- 1% 20-20 kHz @ 90% output
- Damping Factor: >300
- Preamp: 3 stage CLASS A
- Passive/Active Input: 10 dB gain switch - accommodates all basses
- Bass/Treble: +/-12 dB at 60 Hz and +/-12 dB at 8kHz
- Contour control: Flat to -15 dB at 500 Hz
- 1 Low Mid Parametric: +/- 12 dB sweepable 50 to 500 Hz
- 2 Hi Mid Parametric: +/- 12 dB sweepable 200 to 2kHz
- Compressor/Limiter: up to 3:1 compression ratio. convenient one knob control
- Direct Out: -50 to +4 dBu adjustable, DC isolated XLR output
- Soft Start: gradually turns on the amp to prevent surges
- Speaker Protection: protection circuit immediately disconnects your speakers
- Over-Current: protected, Under-Voltage protected, Thermal protected
- AC Voltage Input: 90-250V, 50-60 Hz
- Dimensions: 3.7" high, 7.15" deep, 10" wide
- Net Weight: 3.2 lbs
- Made in San Diego, CA
"Amazing sound for such a small package. Lightweight amp keeps my back from hurting during setup/transport & packing."
Michael Land Indiana
"Sounds great, great deal, made in good 'ol USA, sounds great, light weight, ample power- what's not to be very pleased about?"
Don Weiss Arizona
"I've been using the BX250 in the studio and for live gigs for about a month now, and it's the most impressive bass amp I've ever seen. The first thing I noticed was the amount of power! It's rated at 250 watts, but when I turned it up to 3 - it was already thundering!
It's so convenient because everything is built-in. Such as:
- a very smooth compressor that indicates when it starts to compress by changing the power light from blue to red.
- a versatile and great sounding parametric EQ.
- an adjustable direct out (instead of using a direct box) with a ground lift switch and a pre/post EQ option.
- tons of power and all in a heavy duty metal case that weighs about three pounds and nearly fits in your pocket!
Whether I'm using it on stage or as a direct box in the studio, this is one piece of gear I won't ever part with. Thanks Carvin!"
Lester "Lammy" Johnson Indianapolis, IN
"I'm really super impressed with my new Carvin BX250 Micro bass head! This little box is full of "tone" and "soul"....it delivers fat sound with clarity and punch! I used it to power some "vintage" cabs with outstanding results! This thing is a real "Soul Machine".....top notch build quality too!"
Ted Gilley New England
"The BX250 Microbass amp is not only a great bargain, it does everything it says it will do--there is no corporate double talk.
The light weight is a plus, but the real advantages are in the details, all of which fit a bassist's needs: gain ('drive'), contour, compression and master volume all work with the level of instrument input to produce just about any sound you want, from neutral flat tone to highly altered.
The parametric EQ allows you to manipulate the frequencies within a given range. This is especially helpful when you want to boost the midrange notes by cutting out all but the lower frequencies of those notes. Of course, it also works the other way.
Helpful mute (with DI level) for playing silently with headphones (and for tuning or changing instruments); 2 1/4" speakers out, switch for active or passive bass, plus bass and treble boost in addition to the parametric EQ. Includes ground lift and pre/post line out toggle switches.
Playing my bass through a Schroeder 2x10, I can barely get above 3 on the master volume before it is rattling the windows. Terrific delivery of a full 250 watts. Of all the amps in its power range, this one is clearly a contender for best in class.