The AG200 Acoustic Guitar Amp with Digital Effects offers state-of-the art performance for the serious acoustic artist. Matching the aesthetic of your acoustic instrument, the rich natural tones are delivered from a 2-way system featuring two 6.5" drivers accompanied with a titanium tweeter that provides exceptional full-range performance - from shimmering, crystal-clear highs to full bottom end. The high headroom 200w internal amp (250w with 8 ohm extension) maintains the purity that only high power can provide. So whether you’re using nylon, steel, gut, silver or silk-wound strings that are picked, plucked, strummed or bowed, the true fidelity of your instrument is faithfully reproduced. Add the lush ambient effects to the high string definition and you’ll get a sound that’s naturally pleasing to the ear. The light weight, premium features and rugged construction, including the exclusive "lock-in" AC cord, will make the AG200 an indispensable part of your acoustic performance.
The rich brown finish compliments the acoustic decor and the solid multi-ply enclosure is strong, while maintaining its lightweight of only 26 lbs. The resonant-free construction offers solid bass performance, which adds depth to all instruments. The side pole mount allows the performer to elevate the amp on a speaker stand while having access to the controls on the side. The bottom handle serves as a 15 degree tilt back, directing the enclosure towards the artist to help serve as a monitor. The standard finish is Brown Marvelon (as pictured), but is available in other colors on special order.
3 Full Featured Channels
Each channel offers the flexibility of XLR inputs, plus instrument inputs. Channel 1 and 2 inputs are specifically designed to work equally well with piezo or magnetic pickups, and feature a HI-Z impedance switch to bring out the full tonal range of passive pickups. A GAIN switch matches low sensitivity pickups. The +48V phantom power switches on Channels 1 & 2 eliminating external power supplies required for condenser mics, active pickups or active direct boxes. Channel 3 may be used to mic an instrument or vocals, and the 1/8" jack serves as an input for your MP3 music source. A convenient USB charging port keeps your player going without having to worry about the battery of your portable device.
3 Band EQ & Feedback Control
Each channel incorporates their own active LO & HI (bass & treble) controls designed for natural sounding, powerful tone shaping. Channels 1 and 2 also feature MID Parametric EQs with a frequency sweep control that’s most effective for acoustic instruments. The boost/cut level controls permit broad mid shaping. The powerful cutting ability of the MID Parametric EQ extends control over acoustic feedback by using the sweepable FREQ filter.
Dual Effects plus Effect Loop
The onboard dual DSPs offer lush effects for each channel featuring echo delay, reverb and chorus. Each channel has its own two-way level control allowing you to select Effect 1 or 2. The Master Effect 1 & 2 controls select the effect type, adjust time, decay, regeneration and speed settings with separate level controls for blending effects 1 & 2 into the overall mix. The FS22 footswitch jack allows you to switch either effect on and off remotely. The external Effect Loop SEND & RETURN jacks are an added feature for other outboard processors.
Direct Output & Tuner/Phones Jack
For bigger stages your soundman will the love the DIRECT OUT with LEVEL control and XLR balanced output for connecting directly to the house PA or recording interface without having to mic the amp. The DIRECT OUT includes the EQs and EFFECTS LOOP and bypasses the MASTER LEVEL, enabling amp level changes on stage without affecting the XLR output. The TUNER/PHONES jack enables instrument tuning or personal monitoring with headphones on loud stages or for quiet practice.
In addition to its acoustic guitar amplification qualities, the AG200 also functions as a portable PA system thanks to its three-channel architecture, phantom-powered mic input, USB charging port and high power output. Sing and play guitar with backing tracks through one convenient amplifier with impressive power and big sound.
- Light weight, compact design
- 200w output (250w at 4 ohms)
- 2-way dual 6.5-inch speakers and tweeter
- 3 Channels: 2 Inst piezo/magnetic inputs, mic/inst inputs
- 1/8" jack Stereo input
- 3 balanced XLR inputs - one for each channel
- Hi-Z input switch
- Input gain switch
- True 48V phantom power (for condenser mics)
- Active LO & HI tone controls for each CH
- Parametric EQs on Channels 1 & 2
- Resonant-style midrange filter for feedback control
- Parametric EQ deep cut allows control over acoustic feedback
- Dual DSP - echo, reverb & chorus
- Effects 1 or 2 for each CH, optional FS22 footswitch controlled
- Master Level controls the overall level, excludes Direct Out
- Master Effects Loop
- DI Direct Out XLR with level control
- Tuner/Headphone output
- External Speaker jack for 8 ohm load
- 15 degree built-in tilt back handle to serve as a monitor
- Pole mount for commercially available speaker stands
- Exclusive "lock-in" AC cord prevents accidental disconnect
- Designed and manufactured by Carvin in the USA
- OUTPUT POWER: 8 Ohms: 200w, 4 Ohms: 250w
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: +/- 1 dB 20 Hz - 20 kHz amplifier section
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 70 Hz - 18 kHz speaker section
- Low Freq Driver: Dual 6.5-inch drivers 300W total
- High Freq Driver: Titanium 1" horn driver
- - internal total speaker impedance: 16 ohm 300Watts
- OUTPUT MODE: 94% efficiency CLASS D technology
- POWER SUPPLY: high frequency switching
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: CH1 & CH2: >100Kohms or >500K ohms (switched)
- PHANTOM POWER: +48V (Ch. 1 & 2)
- GAIN SWITCH: +10 dB - accommodates all pickups (Ch. 1 & 2)
- LO & HI TONE CONTROLS: +/-12 dB at 70 Hz & +/-12 dB at 8.5kHz
- MID Parametric: +/- 15 dB sweepable 100 to 2kHz
- AMP LIMITER: built-in to the help prevent clipping
- DIRECT OUT: adjustable OFF to +4dBu, DC isolated XLR bal output, 100ohm ground lifted
- EFFECTS LOOP: -10dBV, buffered
- FS22 FOOTSWITCH: EFF 1 & EFF 2 on/off
- PROTECTION: speakers, over current, under voltage, thermal
- AC VOLTAGE: 90-250V, 50-60 Hz - Power Requirements: 100VA
- CIRCUIT BOARDS are MIL SPEC, double sided, FR-4 glass epoxy
- DIMENSIONS: 18.5" high x 11.5" deep x 12.75" wide (470 x 290 x 325mm)
- NET WEIGHT: 29 lbs. net (13kgs)
- WARRANTY: 1 year parts and labor
- MADE IN THE USA
Robert Piazza- MI
"I just purchased a Martin Guitar this amp makes it sound sooo sweet. "
Tom Lehrecke- Colorado
I purchased your AG200 because it is usable with both 115 and 220 volt. I travel to Europe often. I am pleasantly surprised with AG200. I was using a Roland AC 60 for years, but replaced it with AG200 since it is usable also on 220 volt. The sound is every bit as good as the Roland, probably more powerful, and it's less expensive. It's also made in the US, as opposed to the Roland, which is made in China. Great job.
Marco Conelli, NY
"Amazing sound, the power output surpassed my expectations."