The PM5 is a high-end water resistant monitor that is manufatured for Carvin to our strict standards. It delivers reference quality sound for use in project studios, commercial buildings, schools, boardrooms, restaurants, and home theater/home stereo applications. The bass performance is superior to conventional 5" speakers due to the tuned port design. The OMNI tweeter provides fine adjustmens for directing the high frequencies to your listening position with its swivel design. The water resistant design allows for outdoor use in patios and backyards. Carvin has two optional mounting brackets available, however the PM5 comes with standard mounting slots built into the molded outer case. PM5 speakers are available in black and white. The speakers are also paintable to match your custom color schemes.
- The PM5 is not your typical spot monitor, but an onstage reference monitor.
- As a true 2-Way system, you get the full audio spectrum from 86 to 19.5kHz.
- Excellent top-end performance with superb dispersion allows you to hear what you have missed with other spot monitors.
- The PM5 features exceptional bass from a heavy-duty 5 1/4" woofer with a large magnet & tuned-ported enclosure.
- 125W capacity
- High output level is "big" sounding, not what you'd expect from a small enclosure.
- High impact molded enclosure (not plastic) incorporates mounting slots for hanging.
- The Black PM5-B features a mouting insert bracket to be placed on a mic stand for spot monitoring & dual 1/4" speaker jacks (so you can daisy-chain PM5-B's together) along with wire terminals. The PM5-W (white) features only wire terminals.
- Impedance: 8 ohm
- Dimensions: 10.5" tall x 7" wide x 6.5" deep
Robert Ingram Shreveport, LA
"Wow!!! The first time I hooked these little guys up, I couldn't believe the sound considering the size and price. I'm planning to buy at least 4 more, two for my van and two more for my home studio. This is the best deal I've made since I bought my 2 new DCM1000L Power Amps. Carvin ROCKS!!!
P.S. Carvin Customer Service is absolutely the best!!!"
"I had used 4 of these PM5 monitors in a custom made portable karaoke I made about 5 years ago. I use this unit as a commercial rental for my karaoke business. They have been very good for the quality and size I needed. They have held up very good up to now while pushing them with 75 watts @ 8 ohms each.
I have never had a customer complain about the quality of sound these speakers."
Kevin Bradford Wichita, KS
"I bought the package set of these with the speaker cables for use with my Carvin AG100D guitar amp. These speakers are fantastic for this application and sound Great. They really fill the room with warmth and crystal clear, articulate sound wit this set up. Another great product and deal from Carvin!"
Frank Latchford California
"Since more and more clubs are giving bands smaller areas to play, we decided to give up our old floor monitors for a pair of the PMs. The clarity and power is amazing. I do not do reviews, however, if you are a working bar band I would recommend these for vocals. If you don't like them, Carvin's return policy is excellent, but I really think you will keep 'em..."
Doug Williams Xenia, OH
"I have used my PM-5s for about ten years now and have been more than satisified with their performance. I currently use them as studio monitors; however, I have used them as spot monitors on stage and even as monitors for my computer. I power them with a Peavey M260 amp which delivers about 100 watts to each speaker cabinet. They have proven to be well worth their cost! I highly recommend these speakers!"
Jeff Woods Oklahoma
"Wow! These little guys sound GREAT! I'm really impressed with them! I've used Carvin for years and will continue to do so. Thanks Carvin!"
Denny Park Norman, OK
"Very happy with these. I have a large listening area (30'x50') and the PM-5's fill that nicely. Sound is rich and natural. I do have these paired with a powered subwoofer, its an unbeatable combo!"