The 3800 watt DCM3800Lx amplifier can be configured for stereo, parallel, bi-amped, or bridged outputs. The System Quick Setup feature makes output routing and crossover configuration easy. Loadable Speaker Presets tuned for specific CARVIN speaker cabinets provide optimized settings to get the most out of each element in your system. The DCM3800Lx includes 30-band graphic EQs on each input, 4 parametric EQs on each output with high and low crossover filters; Bessel, Butterworth or Linkwitz-Riley (6 to 48dB/oct.), Limiters with Threshold, Phase, and Delays up to 120mS for distance or for individual driver alignments. Onboard memory has enough storage for 16 complete system configurations with settings for multiple loudspeakers and line arrays, or store unlimited configurations on your laptop. Premium 24-bit A/D and D/A converters offer low noise with full 20-20kHz bandwidth with extremely low latency processing.
The DCM3800Lx front panel features a high-contrast 2x16 character display for clear and easy navigation through settings. LEDs for Signal, 50%, 80%, Clip and Protect monitor the status of the amp. Detented level controls prevent unexpected level changes. Balanced XLR and TRS input connectors are used to reject hum & noise. A Ground Lift switch removes the chassis ground from the inputs. Outputs feature heavy duty binding posts and Twist-Lock connectors allowing bi-amp routing on a single 4-pin cable with no adapters.
DCM3800Lx Computer Interface
Every DCM-Lx amp is thoroughly tested, which includes a full burn-in under load. Construction starts with a heavy duty 2U aluminum chassis and steel rackmount face panel. All circuit cards are double-sided military-grade FR4 fire retardant with plated thru holes so parts are soldered from the bottom side through to the top. SMT (surface mount technology) offers high precision and "shock-proof" protection. The CB and CE safety seal assure that each DCM meets strict standards anywhere in the world.
The DCM3800Lx's high headroom reveals the dynamic power available from its switch-mode power supply. Operating at 100,000 Hz, the highly efficient switch-mode supply reduces AC power required from the wall, overall weight, and is AC generator friendly. The soft-start prevents the DCM-Lx from tripping AC breakers. Extreme currents are delivered to even the most demanding 2 ohm and bridged 4 ohm subwoofer systems easily handling the most difficult reactive loads. Class D outputs deliver maximum power amp efficiency.
XLR IN: 20kΩ balanced, ground lift switch, 1/4" TRS IN and XLR THRU in parallel
Maximum Input: +10dBu
Output Connectors: 4-pin Twist-Lock and binding posts
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/-1.5dB
THD: <0.1% @50%, <0.2%@90%, <1%@ rated power (1kHz, EIA)
2 channels: 8Ω 700w; 4Ω 1150w; 2Ω 1800w
Bridged: 8Ω 2300w, 4Ω 3800w
DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING:
Multi DSP 48kHz/24 bit
30-band Graphic EQ (each input): 20Hz to 20kHz, +/-12dB in 0.5dB steps
Gain: +12dB to -68dB in 0.5dB steps
Source Routing with Amp Bridging
Phase: 0 or -180 degrees (in or out)
High pass and Low pass (Crossover) Filters:
- Butterworth: 6, 12, 18, 24, 48 dB/oct.
- Bessel: 12, 24 dB/oct.
- Linkwitz-Riley: 12, 24, 48 dB/oct.
Limiter: 0dB to -30dB threshold, hard limiting in 1dB steps
Delay: 0-120mS in 21uS steps (0-120ft in 0.28in steps, or 0-40 meters in 7mm steps)
4-band Parametric EQ’s (per output): +/- 12dB in 0.5dB steps, 0.16 to 2.0 octaves(Q)
Global System settings:
- Input sensitivity: 0.7, 1.0, 1.2, 1.4 or 2.0 Vrms
- Turn On Mute: On/Off
- Security Lockout with user-definable password sequence
- System Preset memory storage locations: 16
- USB: type "B" jack, compatible with USB 1.1 or higher, for internal firmware updates, or remote Xdrive™ software control
2 Rack Space
Dimensions: 19" wide x 3.5" high x 11" deep (483mm x 90mm x 280mm)
Weight: 15 lbs (6.8 kg)
Power: 100, 120 or 240 VAC models, 50/60Hz standard IEC inlet (V-lock™ compatible)
Internal fuses: SLOW BLOW, 100V or 120V: 25A, 240V: 15A
Made in San Diego, California
X-DRIVE SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS FOR DCMLx POWER AMPS, EQ230/EQ430 & XD360
To install the X-Drive software on your PC:
Download X-Drive software for Microsoft XP, Vista or Windows 7 by clicking herecarvin_xdrive_pc.zip(ZIP file, 3.4MB) or by clicking the "Download" button.
1. Unzip the files to a directory on your Hard Drive. Double-click the file "Setup.exe". Follow the steps to install the X-Drive software on your computer.
2. The software will be installed to thec:\Program Files\Carvin X-Drive folder. It is recommended that you do not change the install folder.
3. You will be asked if you would like a Desktop shortcut icon created. It is recommended to do this to allow easy access to the program.
4. You may now run the software by double-clicking the X-Drive Serial Control icon on your desktop, however when linking to the X-Drive hardware, the device should be connected and powered on before the software is used.
To install the X-Drive software on your Mac:
Download X-Drive software for Mac OSX 10.5 or higher by clicking here carvin_xdrive_mac.zip(ZIP file, 3.4MB) or by clicking the "Download" button. Note that depending on your configuration, you may need to temporarily disable your virus protection and be logged in as an administrator to install the software.
1. Open the carvin_xdrive_mac.zip file, and double-click the ".dmg" disk image file.
2. You must install the included Serial Port Driver (FTDIUSBSerialDriver) before installing the XD360 software. This allows communication with the X-Drive hardware through the USB port. Double-click the file and follow the on-screen instructions to install.
3. Next, drag the X-Drive icon onto the "Applications Alias" icon. This will install the software in the Applications folder.
4. You can now run the software. Make sure to connect and power on the X-Drive hardware before running the software.