If you want an amp that delivers exceptional sound/reliability, ultra-light weight, models from 200w to 3800w and made in the USA quality, Carvin's DCM-L Series is the answer. You should seriously consider the ultra-light feature, which comes in part from its heavy-duty aluminum frame. Aluminum is more expensive than steel, but worth every penny to keep your rack as light as possible. Expect 2/3 to 3/4 savings over conventional amplifiers - 50 lb to 60 lb amps becomes 15 lbs. High power, uncompromised sound and maximum reliability is at its best for both touring systems and fixed installations. Each amp is Audio Precision™ tested, which includes a burn-in under full load to assure reliability & specs. The concert stage is the ultimate test of professional audio and for the last decade the DCM has made its mark serving top artists and concert venues night after night, year after year. The DCM is a proven American made workhorse backed by over 60 years of manufacturing excellence.
- Ultra-light 15 lbs
- Highest value, lowest priced lightweight amp
- Power supply designed for superior bass
- Go "Green" - save energy and cost
- Quiet hum-free operation with noise less than -106dB for studio applications
- Ultra-low THD: 0.03% at 8 ohms
- Handles difficult mismatched or reactive loads
- Soft-start power-up prevents tripping AC breakers
- Speaker Guard™ protects from harmful DC
- Multi speed fans - rear to front fl ow for cooler racks
- Distortion-free limiters to help protect drivers
- Independent thermal overload protection
- Recessed front to prevent control damage
- Percentage of power, clip, bridge, protect and power indicators
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs
- Speakon™ & Binding Post outputs
- Convenient Ground Lift & Parallel Input switches
- Shock-proof SMT reliability
- Heavy-duty galvanized steel chassis
- Fit all racks - only 266mm (10.5-inch) deep
- Full 3-year warranty (USA) - Made in the USA
Applications: Mains/Monitors/Subwoofers, Concerts, Events, Houses of Worship, Clubs/Restaurants, Auditoriums, Convention Centers, Mobile DJs
SERIOUS POWER - The CLASS A/B linear topology features high current bipolar output devices that reduce distortion to a near theoretical zero limit while delivering high slew rate performance for crystal clear highs and chest pounding bass - every note is vibrant, pure and natural. The DCM's headroom reveals its high dynamic power from the Switchmode power supply that operates at 130,000 Hz. Extreme currents are delivered to the most demanding subwoofer system, which are driven under 4 ohm bridge - 2 ohm operation. Every DCM easily handles the most difficult mismatched or reactive loads and is AC generator friendly.
COOL EFFICIENT DESIGN - A high efficiency heat transfer system offers the most advanced cooling, which is one of the keys to reliable power. Five high ratio 6063-T5 flow-through aluminum heat sinks remove heat fast with multi-speed fans that runs quiet under 2 ohms loads. Air is pulled from the rear and exhausted to the front to keep the rear of your rack cool. R & D designed a "direct mount" system for the power output devices to be directly mounted to the heat sink, which eliminates any thermal barrier to keep your amp running cool.
ACCESSORY GROUP - The accessory group features recessed front controls with status indicators that won't get bumped or easily moved. A rear "Ground Lift" switch eliminates ground loops. A "Parallel Input" switch eliminates the "Y" adapter typically used for paralleling channels. The mono "Bridge" switch delivers the full power of the amp (both channels) into one output. The limiters are available at the push of a button to help control peaks protecting your drivers. Connecting is done with balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs. The soft-start circuit gently turns the DCM on to prevent AC breakers from tripping.
- Built-in limiters help protect drivers
- LED indicators: power, clip, 3 levels, protect, bridge
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" inputs
- Twist-Lock output connectors
- 3rd Twist-Lock connector for bridging
- Heavy-duty output binding posts
- Rear switches: bridging, limiter, channel paralleling, ground lift
- Recessed knobs offer better protection against damage
- Each amp is Audio Precision™ tested, which includes a burn-in under full load
1 CHANNEL RMS continuous
- 8 ohms: 600 watts
- 4 ohms: 1025 watts
- 2 ohms: 1650 watts
BOTH CH RMS continuous
- 8 ohms: 550/550 watts
- 4 ohms: 950/950 watts
- 2 ohms: 1500/1500 watts
BRIDGED RMS continuous
- 8 ohms bridged: 1900 watts
- 4 ohms bridged: 3000 watts
Peak Power: 4000w (2 cycle pulse power)
- Frequency Response: +-.5 dB 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- THD< 0.03% @ 50% output, <.1% 20-20 kHz @ 90% output
- Output Topology: CLASS A/B
- Power Supply: Switchmode - 60% reserve - see kick drum test
- Damping Factor: >500
- Slew Rate: bridged mode >50v/µs
- Sensitivity (@ 8Ω): 1.4 Vrms
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Greater than 106 dB
- Input Impedance: >20K ohm balanced
- Speaker Guard™ DC protection for drivers
- Soft-start power-ups: prevents AC breakers from tripping
- Over-Current: protected
- Under-Voltage: protected
- Thermal: protected
- Fan: variable speed
- Shock-proof SMT construction
- FR4 fire retardant circuit boards
- Aluminum chassis
- Air Flow - "rear to front" for cooler rack
- AC generator friendly
- AC Input: 120VAC 60HZ
- Fuse: 25 amps
- 2RU rackmount
- Dim: 19" (48cm) W x 10.5" (26.6cm) D x 3.5" (9cm) H
- Weight: 14 lbs (6.4kg)
- Made in the USA
- 3 year warranty
Dan Lexington, KY
"These are FANTASTIC! We subjected 4 of these amps to a trial by fire right out of the box. We powered 4 TRx218n cabs at an outdoor event, pushed them hard and these didn't blink an eye! (with very little power consumption to boot!) Great power, great weight, great price! You've hit it out of the park with this one!"
Jesse Patton Sacramento, CA
"Our Church has 3 of one of the top rated QSC amps. I picked up a DCM3000L on sale as we need an additional amp to complete an audio upgrade in our main sanctuary. First try, I hooked it up full range to the existing Yamaha speakers that are to be replaced and called the store manager here in Sacramento to tell him I may just take these QSC amps 'outside and give them to my Dog!' It is unreal how fast this amp is. I could not get any punch, bass, of feeling with the QSC. The DCM3000L is clean, fast, and had the walls rumbling playing Petra's Farewell CD. We picked up our new speakers this afternoon (a pair of TRx153) and can't wait to get them suspended and in use."
Jay D Randall Villa Rica, GA
"I purchased a DCM3000L to run my mids and highs on a 3 way system. Then during a show I lost one of my amps (QSC PLX3102) that was running my low end, so I hooked up the DCM3000L to cover the rest of the night on the subs. You could hear and feel the tight low end that was produced from the 3000L compared to the difference on the subs of the one side of the system being run by the former mentioned amp. So I bought a 2nd and a 3rd DCM 3000L and am now using them both as my main low end amps, as well as mids & highs. They gave me tight, clean and clear power and are very light weight, plus they are AMERICAN MADE. After 20 years of using nothing but QSC and Crown, Im not going back to them for purchase, I will continue to replace my current amps with the new Carvins."
"I hear a lot from people who say how good these amps are and one may brush these comments off as fluff, but these amps are exactly as they are advertised to be, real beasts that are also great for finesse. If you are looking for a true high quality, high-end performer, look no further. Huge reserve power that is super clean. Plus, this amp is more than capable for studio use, it is that clean. Even with two cooling fans these amps are very quiet. I use this amp to run two sub woofers in a home theater environment. I needed an amp that had more than enough power, accurate, run efficiently (run cool), and deliver all of the head room and dynamics I was looking for. This amp simply exceeded my expectations. For the price, no one can touch Carvin for performance and quality. Excellent work Carvin."
Max Ferry Tillamook, OR
"I want to write not only about the quality of the gear I've purchased from Carvin, but of the high level of customer service that comes with it. I've been buying Carvin pro audio gear for a couple decades now and still own every piece of equipment I've ever purchased; every single item is still functioning perfectly, despite the hazards of road use and abuse and just plain age...some of my stuff is nearly 20 years old. This gear is of a very high build quality and best of all it sounds good, is correctly rated as to performance and is USA made. No Chinese subcontractors here!
In particular, I recently purchased a new power amp, speakers, mikes, and misc...a large order, and had some very minor shipping damage on one of the items. During this, I decided to upgrade from my original order and I was accommodated in every regard. The guy in customer service who took this all under his wing is Bart. He's a consummate professional in every regard, coordinating the return shipping and expediting the shipping of the replacement item, and just generally doing whatever it takes to make me satisfied as a customer.
Highest marks to Carvin, not only for being a USA company, making USA products of the highest quality and selling them direct to the public at prices that are beyond reasonable, but also for keeping highly professional and motivated people like Bart on staff, which will guarantee that loyal customers will return whenever they need what Carvin has to offer.
BTW, the DCM3000L power amp and speakers absolutely SING and are built like a tank. I expect that they will still be in service, going strong 20 years from now."