The BX1500 bass head has evolved into the BX1600, featuring a bold new look with greater power and LED panel lighting. 2 mono block amps deliver 800 watts each for biamping when utilizing the front panel crossover. Combine (bridge) both amps and you'll have one big mono block amp delivering 1600 watts into 4 ohms or 1000w in to 8 ohms. For more than power, this amp a winner with its front-end tone section offering a CLASS A preamp, 3 EQ sections and warm 12AX7 tube. With premium features including the exclusive "lock-in" AC cord, rugged construction and weighing in at less than 9 lbs, the BX1600 will be the heart of your rig. So when the blue jewel light comes on, you'll have the flexibility and power to meet every critical need of your band.
Rackmount/LED Lit Panel
The 19" rackmount main frame features a rich red burgundy control panel recessed into a black aluminum enclosure. The black knobs with white line add to its decor and high control visibility making it easy to visualize your settings, and with front panel LEDs this amp stands out in dark environments.
Dual High Headroom Tube Driven Power Amps
Two mono block amps each deliver 325w RMS at 8 ohms, 500w at 4 ohms or 800w at 2 ohms, or when bridged 1000w at 8 ohms or 1600w at 4 ohms. The BX1600 uses transparent limiters for each amp to maintain its high headroom, assuring clean power from each amp. For added warmth, simply engage the internal 12AX7 TUBE, which inserts a tube stage in front of each power amp for added tube tone. The front panel single knob COMPRESSOR adjusts the peaks for your style of playing. String slapping is no problem with a simple turn of the knob, giving you full control over heavy notes.
The DRIVE control adjusts the input level to the CLASS A preamps and compensates for the input sensitivity of various bass pickups. The DRIVE will add harmonic content to your sound when approaching 10 on the dial, which pushes the CLASS A preamps into a sweet overdrive.
Three EQ/Tone Systems
The BX1600 features 3 EQ sections: The first section is a single knob CONTOUR that offers a flat setting when turned off. When turned up, the contour knob brings in a "mid-scoop" to eliminate the "mud" in the mids, extending the bass and highs. The second EQ section is a powerful 5-BAND TONE SYSTEM with 3 PARAMETRIC sweepable mid controls that offer frequency enhancements from boost or cuts to the LOW MID, MID, & HI MID along with conventional BASS and TREBLE controls. The third EQ section is a stereo 9-BAND GRAPHIC EQ with defined frequencies for bass sculpting, which is activated by the front switch or the optional FS22 footswitch for solo tone or alternate bass presets.
The direct out features a DI LEVEL control, and a PRE/POST switch controlling the XLR balanced output on the rear. The PRE setting is buffered directly from the input jack to the XLR adding no color or tone to your instrument. The POST setting includes the EQ and EFFECTS LOOP, bypassing the MASTER LEVEL. This enables level changes without affecting the XLR output. The XLR is muted by the MUTE switch. The GROUND LIFT switch next to the XLR helps isolate hum to the recording or PA console.
- MASTER level controls the overall level
- BIAMP CROSSOVER with crossover frequencies between 100 and 2,000 Hz, separates the lows from the highs each going to their own amp and speakers, which is easily engaged with the IN/OUT CROSSOVER switch
- AMP LEVELS (2) controls the levels for biamping balancing the high and low amps to their speakers
- ACTIVE/PASSIVE switch tailors the input for different bass outputs
- MUTE switch can be engaged for quick bass changes, which is also controlled by the optional FS22 footswitch
- TUNER output jack will drive HEADPHONES and is independent of the MUTE switch
- TWO EFFECTS LOOPS designed for external processors. The Graphic EQ is post Effect Loop, so the effects are included in the final tone shaping
- Your choice of SPEAKER OUTPUTS include high current SPEAKON™ or standard 1/4" connectors, one for each amp
- A third Twist-Lock SPEAKER OUTPUT is offered to combine the power of both amps into one connector (bridge mode)
- 94% efficient CLASS D output delivers high current for continuous 2 ohm operation and is cool running, plus uses less AC power from the wall
- Switch mode power supply operates at 90,000 Hz delivering maximum efficiency while reducing heat and weight
- Variable speed fan runs silently while at low speeds
- Construction features solid metal shaft controls with threaded metal bushings
- Circuit boards are MIL SPEC, double sided, FR-4 glass epoxy
- AC Voltage Input: 120V 60Hz (230V model available) - Power Requirements: 800VA
- Exclusive AC cord features a "lock-in" function to prevent accidental cord disconnect
- Designed and manufactured by Carvin in the USA
- OUTPUT POWER (for each amp): 8 Ohms: 325w, 4 Ohms: 500w, 2 Ohms: 800w; Mono Block (bridged) power 8 Ohms: 1000w, 4 Ohms: 1600w
- OUTPUT MODE: High efficiency CLASS D technology
- POWER SUPPLY: High efficiency high frequency switching
- REQUENCY RESPONSE: +/- 1 dB 20 Hz - 20 kHz amplifier sections
- DAMPING FACTOR: >300
- PREAMP: 4 stage CLASS A
- PREAMP TUBE: 12AX7 switchable in/out
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: >200Kohms
- ACTIVE/PASSIVE Input Jack: 10 dB gain switch - accommodates all basses
- CONTOUR control: Flat to -15 dB at 500 Hz
- BASS/TREBLE CONTROLS: +/-12 dB at 50 Hz & +/-12 dB at 10kHz
- LOW MID Parametric: +/- 12 dB sweepable 50 to 500 Hz
- MID Parametric: +/- 12 dB sweepable 200 to 2kHz
- HI MID Parametric: +/- 12 dB sweepable 800 to 8kHz
- GRAPHIC EQ: 9 band +/- 10 dB @ 50,80,125,250,500,800,1.3k,2.6k,5k
- COMPRESSOR/LIMITER: up to 3:1 compression ratio, convenient one knob control
- DI OUT with Pre/Post switch: -50 to +4 dBu adjustable, DC isolated XLR balanced output
- EFFECTS LOOP (2): -10dBV, buffered
- FS22 FOOTSWITCH: Controls Graphic EQ on/off & MUTE on/off, or Effect loop on/off
- SOFT START: gradually turns amp on to prevent surges that can trip circuit breakers
- PROTECTION: speakers, over current, under voltage and thermal
- AC VOLTAGE: 120V 60Hz (230V 50 Hz available) Power Requirements: 500VA
- DIMENSIONS: 19" wide x 10.5" deep x 3.5" high
- NET WEIGHT: 8.5 lbs. (3.85 kgs)
- WARRANTY: 1 year parts and labor
- MADE IN THE USA
"Sound quality is transparent!!! That's what I wanted, and that's what I got! With the capability to shape the tone any way I need to... I've known about Carvin Audio since the early 80's... I've purchased PA systems, power amps, speakers, bass amps, microphones... Everything has been top notch!!"
Joshua Orange River Ridge, LA
"With so many variable configurations I can change my sound as quick as I change my mind! Plenty of headroom, which is what I needed for whatever kind of gig comes my way. This gear is SOLID. I'm a working musician. I'm confident this gear will stand the test of time."
John Sims Ohio
"Great sound quality. The features are GREAT! I love the built in crossover."