Discontinued in 2015 - Click here for SCx1253
- System Type: 15-inch 2-Way, bass-reflex
- Frequency Response: 54 Hz – 20 kHz (-10DB); 62 Hz – 18 kHz (-3 dB)
- Coverage Pattern: 90H x 60V
- Crossover: 2-Way with Speaker Guard™ HF protection
- Crossover Frequency: 1.8 k Hz (internal)
- Recommended external crossover frequency: 1.8k Hz @ 12dB/oct. or greater
- Power Full Range: 400w Continuous / 800w Program / 1600w Peak
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 400 – 1000w
- Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 98dB
- Maximum SPL: 124dB Cont. / 130dB Peak
- LF Driver: 15-inch Heavy Duty 2.5-inch VC
- HF Driver: 1-inch exit Mylar 1.75-inch VC
- Nominal Impedance full range: 8 ohms
- Bi-amp LF: 8 ohms 400w /800w /1600w
- Bi-amp HF: 8 ohms 60w /120w /240w
- Enclosure: 13-Ply Premium Russian Baltic Birch
- Suspension/Mounting: 1-3/8-inch pole mount cup
- Finish: Black DuraTex™
- Transport: 2 Recessed Handles
- Grill: Black powder coated steel
- Connectors: Two 4-pin twist lock connectors, Two 1/4-inch connectors
- Dimensions: 25 in high x 18 in wide x 13 in deep (685 mm x 485 mm x 395 mm)
- Net Weight: 45 lb (21 kg)
- Made in San Diego, California
Download SCx Series AutoCAD DXF diagrams (ZIP file, 78 kB)
Carvin's SCx 1000 Series Loudspeakers feature the latest innovations for both live and recorded music playback, incorporating "smart crossovers" and drivers that deliver a "very musical" sound quality at high levels, up to 134 dB peak, plus your investment is protected with our high frequency driver Speaker Guard™ circuitry. Rugged construction features CNC machined, multi-ply Baltic Birch enclosures covered in weather and UV resistant Duratec™ coating. NL4 twist-loc & 1/4-inch input connectors are featured for full-range or bi-amp use, plus radiused steel powder coated grills, pole mounts, large side handles and recessed pockets for stacking, all covered with a 5 Year Warranty. These high performance systems are designed for today's Music Industry pro audio applications.
The SCx1115 is a multi-purpose loudspeaker for front of house mains, stage monitors, and DJ sound. Loaded with a 15-inch heavy-duty woofer in a trap enclosure, this modern design features a curved front protected with Duratec™ as with all SCx systems. In full-range mode it will handle 1600 watts peak delivering an impressive SPL level that is pleasing to the ear along with extended bass from a small enclosure. The pole mount adds flexibility allowing the SCx1115 to be used with a stand or subwoofer.
For more low-end thump, all SCx systems can be supplemented with the SCx1118 passive or SCx1118A active subs. The heavy-duty 18-inch woofer, housed in a bass reflex enclosure, delivers sub-bass down to 35 Hz adding real depth and feel to your performances. The 8 ohm, 3-inch voice-coil is designed to handle up to 2000 watts peak. The active model features an internal 1400 watts power amp. Ideal for multi-stacking or stacking mains on top, this compact, high output subwoofer is a real work-horse that you can depend on, night after night.
Carvin's SCx speakers are made in the USA.